A mentor is someone who is experienced in their industry, invests their time and heart into their team, and provides guidance, support and experience. Choosing the right mentor for you is a very personal path and one I encourage you to invest your time into. Learn about the person you are considering as your leader, find out about their strengths, weaknesses, and even their achievements. Interview him/her! Not all mentors are created equal. Choosing your mentor involves research. Your mentor will be your go to person, will introduce you to the business. Here are a few things to consider as you interview potential mentors:
- Is the individual familiar with Direct Sales?
- How long has she been with the company?
- How knowledgable is the mentor about the product, company and compensation package?
- What are his/her goals in the industry?
- Is he/she engaged with the team?
- Does he/she have a social media platform for the team?
- Does he/she offer training?
- Does he/she offer one on one calls?
- Does he/she have business hours and do those business hours coincide with your schedule?
- Is he/she inspiring?
- Is the individual responsive and does he/she have multiple contact methods?
- Do your personality fit?
As committed mentor of a team of over 8000, who works the business as a full time career, I will be there for you every step of the way. My role and responsibility to you, as a mentor is to:
- train and coach you
- guide you through social media best practices
- encourage you to do your best
- explain the career plan and compensation plan
- educate you regarding the company policies, procedures and processes
- encourage you to attend company sponsored events
- help and guide you to grow your business outside your “circle of family and friends”
- give you the tools to succeed and grow your business through best practices
- assist you in recruiting campaigns to grow your own team
- provide you the training and tools to have repeat business through superior service
I would love the opportunity to learn about you! Feel free to contact me.